Wednesday, January 5, 2011

SOME LIKE IT FAST...

FAST FOOD - Not too many healthy options out there, SORRY AMERICA!! If you want to lower your cholesterol or blood pressure or even loose some inches you'll have to plan a little.

I'm the type of person that doesn't need a lot of decorations on my plate to make me happy. If you're like me you don't need the garnish or the chopped pecans either.

Here's a FAST and EASY lunch/dinner option:

TILAPIA (a bag of frozen Tilapia from Wamart is about $12 for 12-20 4oz filets). For my age and sex...I only need around 4-5oz of meat for my meal (you can check yours at http://www.mypyramidtracker.gov/).

It only takes about 5-8 minutes to cook the Tilapia in the microwave!! All you need is a bowl and a little water!!! (add garlic and/or lemon for flavor) Then COOK IT.


Add in these sides to make your lunch/dinner:

KALE
-add 1tsp of extra virgin olive oil and toss....then microwave for 15+ seconds.
(go for the leafy green veggies!)

WHOLE GRAIN BROWN RICE
(cook extra so you'll have it ready for your next few FAST meals!)


http://www.americanfitnesssport.com/


My favorite apps for iphone:
MyFood
My Fitness Pal

No comments:

Post a Comment